Corinth Presbyterian Church supports local, national, and world-wide missions in a number of ways. Mission is not what we do, but rather who we are.
Check the bulletin board for updated information from Solar Cookers International, Bread for The World, and other organizations and upcoming events.
We have made recent financial contributions to these programs and agencies:
- Allen Community Outreach
- Samaritan Inn of McKinney, TX
- Presbyterian Disaster Assistance
- Global AIDS Interfaith Alliance
- Grace Presbytery
- American Cancer Society Relay for Life
Remember to bring your food or cash donations the first Sunday of each month for Allen Community Outreach.
They will accept any and all canned food items, but they are in special need of the following items:
You may also drop off items at the pantry and resale shop.
- Canned Ravioli
- Hearty Soups
- Canned Fruit
- Packaged Dinner Mixes (such as Hamburger Helper)
- Peanut Butter/ Jelly
- Canned Tuna and Chicken
- Snack Foods for Kids (such as granola bars)
- Breakfast Foods (oatmeal, pop-tarts, cereal)
- Toilet Tissue
- Paper Towels
- Personal Hygiene Products (shampoo, bar soap, toothpaste, toothbrushes)
- Cleaning Items (dishwashing liquid, dishwasher soap, laundry detergent)
- Gift Cards to local grocery stores
- We contribute annually to denominational offerings of the Presbyterian Church (USA) for One Great Hour of Sharing (March-April) which is used for disaster assistance and the self-development of people worldwide, and the Joy Offering (December) for assistance for retired church professionals and racial-ethnic schools and colleges.
- We support our connectional church with an annual contribution to Grace Presbytery which in turn supports the Synod of the Sun and the General Assembly of the Presbyterian Church (USA).
- We continue to give food and/or financial assistance to Allen Community Outreach each month.
- Our congregation contributed to the Solar Cooking Project, One Great Hour of Sharing, and the Presbyterian Disaster Assistance in 2010 among others.
- In 2009, the children of the congregation had a "noisy Offering" wich was contributed to the Wylie Community Care Center. We also contributed to One Great Hour of Sharing, the Solar Cooking Project, and the American Cancer Society.
- In 2008, one person from Corinth joined a group from the East Dallas CLuster of Grace Presbytery on a mission trip to Perlington, LA, to continue the hurricane recovery work of the Presbyterian Disaster Assistance Program and we sent 147 caps, scarves and gloves to a clothes closet in Philadelphia, PA to combat the bitter cold winter weather.
- Congregation members individually contribute countless volunteer hours with local agencies such as Girl Scouts, Boy Scouts, Habitat for Humanity, Evergreen Ministries, Grace Presbytery and the Allen Philharmonic Orchestra.
Our congregation has funded the Arwood-Pegis Music Scholarship Fund for the 2012-2013 school year as well as the prior year. This fund aids students in the symphonic music program in the Plano school system.
- We are always looking for new ways to contribute to the world around us.